1 cup of channa daal
1/2 cup of toor daal
1/4 cup of urad daal
5-6 dried red chillies, depending on how hot you want
1/2 tsp asafoetida
curry leaves 4-5
corriander Leaves chopped
Mint leaves chopped
salt to taste
1. Soak the lentils for 2 hour with water to cover. Once soaked the lentils should break easily if you pinch them. Wash them in water, and drain.
2. Add the dried red chillies, asafoetida, salt, and chopped curry, corriander & mint leaves.
3. Grind this in a blender adding very little water so it is roughly blended.
4. The thick batter should be formed into silver dollar sized patties, rounded on top and bottom, and should hold their shape in your palm.
5. Deep fry in hot oil on both sides until browned and Serve hot .